Back-End Developer | Bloomington, IN
As Civic Champs continues to grow, we are looking to bring on our first lead engineer with a focus on backend development to join our founding team. We have lots of hard technical projects to tackle and so many products we want to bring to market to help nonprofits make an even greater impact. As our lead backend engineer, you will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the entire company, from sales to product and design. You will be responsible for helping to craft product roadmap and for ensuring our backend infrastructure can deliver on our best-in-class user experience.
- The ability to work independently and with other engineers to develop new user experience-focused web applications and provide support for existing systems.
- Have the ability to work on multiple parts of a web application, from internal backend APIs to dynamic frontend interfaces.
- Collaborate with designers, front-end specialists, other engineers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product using the best technologies.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Comfort working in a fast, high-iteration startup environment with high levels of ambiguity, autonomy, and shifting requirements