Curriculum Development Specialist | Indianapolis, IN
At Codelicious, we strive to remove barriers to teaching and learning computer science by developing computer science curriculum that any educator can teach. As a Curriculum Development Specialist, you’ll serve a key role in researching, writing, and improving our course catalog. You’ll focus on developing content for elementary, middle or high school educators, including lessons, supplemental resources, and assessments.
The ideal candidate is experienced with curriculum development and has an appreciation for the day-to-day life of a classroom educator. You’re a strong writer with deep knowledge of education standards, best practices, and educational models. You have empathy for teachers and students; It’s not uncommon for our users to be first-time stem teachers.
- Research, write and develop new computer science curriculum for the Codelicious course catalog, including creating and compiling resources to enhance the lessons and content.
- Conduct peer reviews, evaluations, and upgrades of existing curriculum, while adhering to lesson format and structure.
- Bring new ideas to the team for ways to enhance teaching and learning computer science.
- Align lessons to a national academic standard. Occasionally assist peers in mapping lessons to additional standards.
- Work alongside the product team for the full life cycle of curriculum development, operating within our standard processes and timelines.
- Participate in team meetings and sprint tasking at the department and team level.
- 2-3 yrs of hands-on experience writing and editing curriculum for grades K-12 (computer science experience a plus, but not required)
- Experience (or education) as a classroom educator and an understanding of the everyday life of a classroom educator
- Empathy for teachers and students. It’s important that we ground our products in the world that they hope to engage with.
- In-depth knowledge of K-12 education standards and pedagogical principles.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to break down complex processes into simple, easy-to-follow steps.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A comfortability with the startup world. We work hard to set goals and give ourselves room to focus, but adaptability is key.
- Proficiency using (and maneuvering) the Google Suite (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Gmail).