Senior Software Engineer | Indianapolis, IN
Based in Indianapolis, Indiana, Codelicious is one of the leading providers of computer science curriculum for K-12. Curriculum is delivered using patent pending software, allowing educational resources to be customized based on each school’s planned time on task. These resources include syllabus, pacing guide, lesson plans, assessments, and standards mapping. The curriculum is updated regularly to stay current with new technology, so teachers spend less time writing lessons and more time engaging students. Codelicious supports every teacher as they inspire every student.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Codelicious is seeking a growth-minded engineer to join our Product & Technology team. As Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with the Director (and our small but growing technology team) to drive development of our curriculum delivery application.
In this role, you’ll help us efficiently deliver computer science curriculum to K-12 students across the country. If empowering young people to learn fundamental skills like critical thinking and problem-solving through computer science lessons sounds appealing, we hope you’ll consider this role.
The right candidate is a talented engineer who values teamwork and the power of a positive attitude. You’re a lifelong learner with experience as (or interest in becoming) a mentor to other engineers.
- Drive development of a patent-pending curriculum delivery application
- Gain a thorough understanding of how Codelicious Product & Technology teams work together to deliver curriculum
- Assist the Director with decisions on software architecture
- Collaborate with leadership team to help define realistic scope based on technical need
- Work alongside other developers to assist and mentor them with problem solving and guiding through blockers
- Demonstrated professional experience as a software engineer, using modern front-end frameworks
- Expertise in a query language such as SQL
- Experience in and confidence with microservices and cloud architecture
- Solid track record of shipping high-quality software products
- Growth mindset and the ability to listen & collaborate with others
- Experience working on early stage SaaS startups
- Exceptional communication skills in both written and verbal form
- Resourceful, collaborative and solution-oriented