Splunk Development Engineer, 1099 | Remote & Travel Mix
As the Splunk Development Engineer, you will be a Splunk deployment expert for Kinney Group customers and prospects. Your role as Splunk Development Engineer is responsible for architecting, deploying and configuring Splunk products on behalf of Kinney Group customers. A background in System Administration, Security, consulting, and troubleshooting will prepare you well for this opportunity. It’s important you focus on core Splunk installations and gathering Splunk data across the enterprise, to feed into core Splunk and Splunk Apps. Additionally, as Splunk Development Engineer you will play a central role in expanding the Kinney Group IT Operations and Analytics practice.
Attaining the professional services revenue goals of the engineering team by demonstrating sound decision making, disciplined technical execution and domain expertise, and a relentless focus on customer experience will be critical to your position. Kinney Group will invest in training and development for team members to maintain current in new technology and tools, which serve our current and future commercial and Federal customers. While this role does not require specific Splunk training or knowledge, we will provide preferential consideration for candidates who have worked with Splunk previously.
This role can be located near any major US airport and will require some travel; Projects are a mix of onsite and remote. As a 1099, you can opt in or out of any project assignment.
- The Splunk Development Engineer should have at least two (2) years of hands-on experience in IT systems administration on Windows or UNIX platforms (RH Linux, SUSE Linux, HP-UX, Solaris or equivalent.) Must include specific expertise executing program installation and configuration from the command line.
- The Splunk Development Engineer should have experience with client/server communications privacy using private key infrastructure (PKI)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and strong technical learning aptitude required.
- Experience must include using regex (regular expressions) with a scripting language. Experience with perl regular expressions are preferred, but use of regex objects in any scripting language (bash, python, c++, ruby, etc.) is acceptable.
- Splunk experience including, but not limited to, Splunk Administration; Splunk Search Processing language; Splunk Reporting and Dashboard Creation
- The Splunk Development Engineer should have experience in Windows scripting (batch, VBScript, Powershell) with at least two (2) years experience with these technologies.
- Prefer experience working with Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Prefer experience in software update management using Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) Technology
- Experience in systems administration – specifically hardening – using Microsoft Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Experience in application load balancing in Splunk and/or using DNS and Load Balancing Services (such as F5)
- The Splunk Deployment Engineer should be versed in linux scripting (SH, BASH, KSH) with at least two (2) years experience with these technologies.