Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Lead | Carmel, IN
The Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Lead is a critical member of the Engineering Team and is responsible for the overall performance and security of the Lumavate Platform and all hosted apps built using Lumavate. The Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Lead oversees the deployment of all Platform and Lumavate Library releases, day-to-day management of engineering tools and processes, investigates and resolves technical issues, and ensures the Engineering Team is following all processes and procedures. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to embrace a constant willingness to learn, solve problems, communicate effectively, and move quickly.
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery.
- Increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability.
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes for new and existing services.
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas.
- Work with software engineers and QA to ensure development follows established processes.
- Ensure our systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Increase the sophistication of our internal alerting and escalation mechanisms.
- Continually work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Move quickly and intelligently – seeing technical debt as your nemesis.
- Write clean, stable and safe code in short time frames and frequent increments.
- Stay up-to-date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their use when it makes sense.
- Brainstorm new products, updates and solutions to continuously challenge and improve products, performance, system/data backup, security, and customer experience.
- Be an active participant in code reviews for other engineers on the team.
- Ensure all platform usage data is easily available to the business.
- Manage all required documentation for our SOC2 Type 2 and ensure all required processes are fulfilled.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues including Tier 2 Support issues.
- 8+ years of developing, debugging, and deploying systems in a SaaS-based environment.
- Extensive programming experience.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience working and thriving in a high growth, fast-paced tech company
- Strong background managing Jira.
- Practical experience with Docker containerization, preferred.
- Familiarity with security audits such as SOC2 Type 2.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and impact all levels of the organization.
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, operates with a sense of urgency, and believes in working hard and having fun.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or relevant work experience.